This week we were joined by Shalini Blubaugh, who shared her insights about CEO Mindset. After graduating from law school, Shalini says she knew 100% that she did not want t practice law but that she absolutely wanted to be her own boss and a stay at home mom. She’s achieved that dream with Zyia Active and was kind enough to share her insights on what it takes to be successful as a Rep:
1. Believe in yourself.
You’re the biggest asset to your business, so what you believe in and focus on matters.
- What we focus on grows. If we focus on problems and stress, they get bigger. But if we focus on our goals, our opportunities, and our resources, they grow.
- Comparison is the enemy of happiness. It doesn’t matter how other people are doing it. If you spend your time comparing yourself to other people, you will undermine your own belief in yourself.
- Believe in yourself NOW, not at a predetermined milestone. Don’t choose to believe when you hit Senior Rep or Director. Believe now, and keep moving forward.
- Understand that belief in yourself is a constant task that requires effort. Some days you won’t be feeling it. Believe anyway. It can be a daily, hourly, even a moment-to-moment task to believe in yourself. You can’t decide today, “I believe!” and then be good-to-go forever.
- You’ll have moments of doubt. Just keep coming back and doing a mental reset. Tell yourself, “I’ve got this” and then do the next right thing. Believing in ourselves is an active choice we need to make constantly.
- Actively reject negativity. Actively reject the temptation to compare yourself to others. Avoiding these thought patterns is every bit as important as actively choosing to believe in yourself.
2. Believe in the Business
- Zyia is only three years old. We’re part of something so amazing and with such an incredible future. Yes, it takes work, yes it takes consistency, yes it takes showing up daily. But imagine where you’ll be in thirty days if you keep showing up. Imagine where you’ll be at the end of this year if you keep showing up.
- Commit to yourself. Commit to your business. See the vision of where this business can go.
- Your mindset matters. CEO’s don’t share their businesses as a burden. They aren’t timid about it. They share their company with excitement and as if it’s a blessing.
3. Take CEO action steps
Opportunities vs. Obstacles:
CEOs look at problems and turn them into opportunities. The best problem-solvers usually win.
Low product inventory is a good example:
CEO Mindset: I’m going to offer honest and prompt communication with my customers to keep them happy.
Non-CEO Mindset: I’m going to sit back and wait for the situation to improve.
There’s no such thing as a perfect time to start growing. When you can find the opportunity inside the obstacle and run at it, that is when the magic happens.
Accountability vs. Ownership:
Accountability is being responsible for doing the steps handed down to you. But ownership is deciding for yourself what the next right step is. A CEO takes ownership and steers their business. Sure, they’re also accountable to employees or shareholders. But a CEO doesn’t wait for permission or a roadmap to start growing.
Choose not to be Surprised:
I accept that things will happen for the good, the bad, and everything in between and I just choose not to let them surprise me. Instead, I look for the opportunities with an open heart and open hands. Focus on the positive and what’s possible so it can grow.
Embrace the Ebb and Flow:
There will be growing pains, there will be wins. Being in business is a lot like being in a relationship. There will be challenges, there will be learning curves. But belief and commitment in the relationship are how we navigate those bumps, right? It’s the same for your business.
Show Up Every Day:
Show up for the non-glamorous stuff now so you can enjoy the glamour later. Inviting, hosting, and following up are essential, but not shiny. They move your business forward, but they can be tedious.
This business is a game of patience, discipline, and dedication. It will pay off, but not until you show up again and again.
My business is about me loving the heck out of you, whether you’re a customer or a Rep. My goal is helping you get to your goal. This business is about customer service, community and uplift. When we focus on positivity and people, that’s when our businesses grow.
Watch the complete video below.